Friday, March 31, 2006

I've really got to do better with this blogging thing!!

My blogging has been very sporadic to say the least here lately. I don't want this to become a ghost-town, so I thought I would just stop in and say a few words. I tend to be a little....well....how shall I say this in a nice way...."stuffy." By that I mean that I tend to be (a little too) serious in my writings. I don't know why I take that stance when it comes to putting something in print, because I can be quite silly....ok downright goofy in person. Of course I'm serious when I need to be.

Blogging can get really boring if it's just a straight-forward devotional with no insights into the blogger's thoughts. So please be patient with me as I get more comfortable just writing some "light" stuff here in my blog. I want to make sure that I do post something edifying every time, but I need to relax too. Perhaps by taking this approach I will blog more frequently....because there won't be so much pressure to write something "profound" (not that I have many profound ideas.....but).

So- let me just say that I'm glad it's Friday- that I love you all- and that Jesus loves you (most importantly). Oh yeah and let me post one of my favorite scriptures about saying nice things to people. I often muse on this verse and I think it's such a beautiful word picture of how our speech should be used to edify others.

Proverbs 25:11 (King James Version)
11 A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.

7 comments:

Libby said...

My mother used to have a book titled "Apples of God and Pitchers of Silver". I loved that book. It was full of poems and short thoughtful and thought-provoking sayings.

Libby said...

The word is "pictures" not "pitchers". Interestingly enough, I never questioned the spelling until I was writing this today. I always assumed it was talking about wine or water pitchers, but it is apparently talking about jewelry as a frame for something. HHMMM. I learned something.

Henry Haney said...

See-this blog is informative even when I'm not trying very hard- LOL

Hey- I read where your hubby lost quite a bit of weight since January- I'm proud of him- I just found out I've lost 9 lbs in about a month. My wife is on my case like a bloodhound now that I told her I'm on a "diet"- my daughter left a "honeybun" wrapper on the counter and the first thing Pam said this morning was "HENRY DID YOU EAT A HONEYBUN FOR BREAKFAST??"

Man, was I ever glad that I had some oatmeal this a.m.....whew!

Libby said...

I think I found your 9 lbs! I was doing well until I went on a fast. I lost about six or 7 lbs then went off the fast, got sick, had revival and gained it all back and more. Trying to get motivated again. Not doing so well.

Pastor Jeff said...

I have been laying off pop (as much as I can!) lately. But as a pizza guy at night, I end up going to the coke machine more than I should, and last week I used our minivan to deliver the pizza, and that Sudnay heading to church my wife said, "what's with these empty pop cans, Jeff?"

I got light for today's blog too. Check it out! Henry, you saw it already via email!

MPSoundingboard

Libby said...

Hey, Henry! I think you need to read your OWN blog:)!

Henry Haney said...

Hey I resemble that remark :)

Seriously though- diets can be so frustrating. I'm trying to do something I can maintain at this point. We're doing a weight loss contest here at work and somebody volunteered me to be in the contest (talk about a real ego deflator) so....I'm trying to make a go of it!

Libby, I can totally relate to the revival/sickness thing. I was doing so well and even exercising but we had revival and then I got sick. Today was the first day in two weeks that I walked on my treadmill- talk about some major motivation problems- it was all I could do to muster up the energy to get on the ole' clothesl...er...I mean treadmill