Tuesday, March 21, 2006

We're in Revival!

I haven't been able to blog as much as I'd like lately, but I wanted to keep you abreast of what's going on @ our local church. Right now we're in revival meetings with Rev. Jerry Tow. Brother Tow is doing a tremendous job and preaching a series of messages called "walking with God." Our revival will continue (Lord willing) tonight and conclude tomorrow night. I ask for all who will to pray for the Lord to move in this series of meetings. Also please remember Pastor Darrell Garrett and Harvest Church in Galesburg, IL who is also holding revival meetings during this same week with Evangelist and Pastor Neil Smith from Florida. They are currently experiencing a blizzard so let's pray that the adverse weather conditions will not affect their attendance. Pastor Garrett and Pastor Smith are both fine men of God and I'm expecting to hear great reports from their meetings as well. Well, that's about all I've got for today, but I didn't want you to think I had fallen off the edge of the earth or something. I'm going to try and post some pics later on in the week.

Be blessed!
-henry

3 comments:

Neil said...

Pastor Tow probably won't remember me, but years ago when he was the State Youth Director of Pennsylvania I spent some time in his home. He came to my revival on the "Grove" at the Somerset Campground. He and Miss Leah are wonderful people. Pray that you have an awesome revival. Please give them my greetings!

Henry Haney said...

Pastor Neil:
I will definitely tell him you said hello and the kind words you said about him. I bet he does remember you. Hopefully I can post some pics from the revival on here later this week. I trust that the Holy Spirit will be powerful in your services tonight. It's a shame we have to compete with American Idol tonight, but God is faithful anyhow- LOL :)

Pastor Robbie:
The revival is going well and Bro. Tow is preaching awesome. He has mentioned you several times (from the pulpit) and he has nothing but praise for you. It is obvious that he and Sis. Tow love you and your family- he told me he could not have handpicked a better successor for him at SCCOG. I hope that we can hook up some during camp meeting and maybe grab a bite to eat or something.

Neil said...

So how is the revival going? I pray that you end with such a powerful deposit made in your lives that things will never be the same. What makes the difference between a true move of God and a event is that we receive what has been deposited and then walk it out in our daily lives. That is my earnest desire and prayer for you, that from this week on the Word deposited will become the Word made flesh and walked out by faith daily!