Friday, March 24, 2006

Revival ends.....well sort of

We came to an end of our scheduled revival on Wednesday of this week. Pastor Tow (pictured left) did a wonderful job preaching a series of messages on "walking with God." Our congregation was greatly edified and blessed by the ministry of this tremendous man of God. It was a double blessing for me because I consider him one of my mentors in the faith. He imparted wisdom to me that I will take with me for years to come (should Jesus tarry that long). One of the most powerful messages he preached was "walking with God through hell." I can honestly say this was one of the best sermons I've heard. He shared of the deep burden that every true Christian should feel for lost humanity. We must understand and keep the reality of hell foremost in our minds lest we lose compassion and urgency in our personal witnessing.

This was a different kind of revival for us. It was one of stirring up the gift of God within the congregation. Paul told Timothy to "stir up the gift of God" within him (some translations render that passage "fan into flame" the gift of God). Sometimes we need a good evangelist to come "kick us in the pants" and fan those coals into burning flames. This is exactly what Bro. Tow did for us this week under the anointing of the Holy Spirit. I promised a few photos so here's just some that my wife found on her digital camera- hope you enjoy. I'm thinking of starting another blog exclusively for the church and posting some photos on there....we'll see :)

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Pastor Jeff said...

I want to shout, brother! Looks like a great church. That's what church is supposed to be like! Every tongue tribe and nation. Now I really want to head down there and have church with you all! God bless, Henry my friend!
~Jeff

Neil said...

Awesome! Glad that things went well! That's how revivals are supposed to end, people blessed, Christ exalted, and pastors refreshed. We're supposed to bless the evangelist by walking out the revelation that God has deposited through them and when they return they see the fruit of their labors. Revival is not an experience or a event, it is a journey, a lifestyle, a continuos pursuit of the Holy One!

Blessings Pastor Henry!