Thursday, February 23, 2006

Pray for me today

I don't really have anything of consequence to post today, so this entry is simply a request for prayer. It's ironic and funny because just a few days ago I harped on the disciples for wanting to "send the people away." And today...that's exactly what I feel like doing. I need to recharge and feel the presence of the Lord. If you read this and would lift me up in prayer I would certainly appreciate it. I'm feeling rather exhausted physically and emotionally today. But I know this verse of scripture is true.

Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. (KJV)

4 comments:

Pastor Jeff said...

I told you this already, but I am praying for you, brother. I know the "send them away" feeling. He will give you strength!

Libby said...

Even Jesus "went to the other side" of the sea to get away and rest. He knew we would need it from time to time and as a good example He too did just the same. Take your rest in the Lord and come back renewed!

Darrell said...

I had not been on in several days, but I am praying for you my friend. Don't even begin to let the devil make you feel quilty for needing rest and refreshment. God built us that way! That's part of the reason for the sabbath day. The problem is we preachers are the worst about breaking this.

Anonymous said...

Prayin for you!