Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Praise Report:

Well, it's getting pretty late on this Wednesday evening, and I'm not sure how coherent my thoughts and words will be...but....this IS a blog and not a copyrighted manuscript...SO with that in mind- I just wanted to type a few thoughts of praise to our God.

Tonight we had a wonderful service at Liberty Worship Center. Wednesday nights tend to be more "believer's" meetings. By that I mean (and every pastor already knows exactly what I mean, but for the laity who read my blog I want to explain) that Sunday mornings and evenings tend to be more visitor/seeker oriented. Your Wednesday night crowd tends to be those believers who are digging a little deeper, and looking for some more intimacy and connection with the core group. That doesn't mean that people who don't attend on Wednesday nights are backslidden (had to put that little disclaimer in there....you never know who might not be able to attend due to work-prior commitments, et.al so I didn't want to heap condemnation on you....Ok- glad we've got that over with now-LOL)

Tonight at church, I heard testimonies of God's healing power. Two people we had been praying for received miraculous healings (not creative healings mind you, but life sustaining miracles). One in need of a heart transplant and a liver transplant received both...and is on his way home. Another lady who suffered a brain aneurism over a week ago on life support....has now been taken off the respirator and will be cleared to return home in a few days if everything progresses on the same course. God's Spirit ministered to us tonight as we laid hands on the sick and anointed with oil. It was one of those times when I really should have just thrown my sermon outline aside and just worshipped God the whole time.

God has really been blessing our church with stuff. I mentioned in a previous blog about the generous donations we have received from people who were not even members of our church. All of that "stuff" excites me.....BUT what really has my motor running is that God's Spirit is moving in our church in a fresh way. I'm not sure if everyone understands it, but I think the majority of us are ready for what He has for us.

I know I really should have share some scripture with you or something like that...but tonight I just felt like giving God some praise and glory.

Be encouraged and be blessed tonight- God is good!
Hallelujah to the Lamb!
-HMH

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog is fantastic. It's encouraging to hear of how God is moving in churches!!!! Thank you for sharing it, I was blessed to read it :)

Libby said...

I've just been thinking recently how cool this blog thing is. We no longer have to sit in our little worlds and think that God is moving only in our church or town. He's a big God and He's everywhere! Thanks for the testimony!

By the way, Sunday night we had a young man Baptized in the Holy Ghost. It is always wonderful to see that, but this guy was away from God and had rededicated his life this past year. Darrell preached on the need for the Baptism a few weeks ago and this kid (~26) cornered me after church to ask questions. He didn't know ANYTHING about this work. I answered questions and directed him to start reading the second chapter of Acts. That was a Sunday night. By Wed. he had read the entire book, was excited and wanted to know more!

I got excited over his exuberance! I was absolutely thrilled when he received. I know God is going to use this man in a mighty way.

Oh, and thanks for the link. I'll do the same.

Neil said...

I don't think you missed anything by not sharing scripture, you shared the works of the scripture giver...it's powerful! What amazes me about blogging is that all of a sudden I feel like I'm among long time friends, some of which I've never met...perhaps that the concept of koinana, that deep fellowship we read about in I John. Thanks for sharing all that God is doing, you don't hear of many churches where there are testimonies and we need to hear what God is doing...in fact, the testimony of Jesus Christ is the spirit of prophesy...what God does tells us what God will do!

Pastor Jeff said...

Amen Henry! Always glad to hear what God is doing.He's been moving in our church as well. Praise God about the woman heading home.

Neil and Libby are right on about blogging. God is moving everywhere. I remember I blogged a message that had been in my spirit for years, and Darrell commented and asked if was reading his notes! God is moving everywhere, I I think he is trying to get us all on the same page! I really appreciate the friendships I've established with all of you.
~Jeff

Henry Haney said...

Same here guys- I pray for you all and love you guys. Honestly I think our General Overseer (DM) had this kind of fellowship in mind when he came up with the Covenant Connection concept. I think most of us in the "blogosphere" have embraced this idea. I make it a point to call and e-mail other ministers to see how they're doing. With so many of us quitting every year due to burnout- something has to change! I dare say that many would not give up their ministry if they knew that someone cared about what they were doing and they received encouragement on a regular basis. I think there are so many of us out there who have been looking for meaningful fellowship with other ministers (or fellow Christians for that matter). A place where we can bounce around ideas, encourage, and exhort one another.

I think far too many ministers and Christians live life in a vacuum. We need one another- I need to hear what God is doing in Florida...in Illinois...in Arkansas...in Michigan. I think the success of a certain message board (which will remain nameless here) is proof positive that we need an outlet for fellowship. It's a shame that for some that can only take place under a pen name.

I thank you all for reading my blog- giving me feedback- praying for me- encouraging me- and for the fellowship **group hug**

Sorry to be so long-winded but I get passionate about this stuff! The disciples exhorted one another- one of my favorite verses in the bible is where Paul speaks of being "comforted by the coming of Titus." There's nothing like having a saint of God give you a word in due season.

God bless,
Henry

m.d. mcmullin said...

I noticed you posted over on my blog, wanted to come check things out over here.

I love to hear about testimony services. God speaks through those testimonies as well as scripture. Hearing about what God is doing in someone's life is nourishing to the believer.