Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!

I want to wish everyone out there in e-land a happy Valentine's day. I thought I would post a passage from the great "love" chapter of the Bible before I sign off this evening. I just went out to dinner with my beautiful wife, and now we're going to enjoy some rest and relaxation. On this day when many are thinking about what love truly means, I felt it would be appropriate to post about love from a biblical perspective. The great thing about this chapter is that it shows love for what it truly is- a verb.

1 Cor 13:4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away..(NIV)

God bless you and yours on this day!

-Henry



No comments: