Thursday, July 20, 2006

I'm still around...

Well, many of you have been keeping up with my "saga"- some may be concerned- some could probably care less (I dare say this would be the majority group :) )- some may be wondering if I'm giving up blogging altogether.....well you can set your collective minds at ease!

I've been without internet access at home for quite some time now, but just a few days ago, our DSL modem finally arrived. After about 5 days of troubleshooting and trial and error, the modem finally works properly. I didn't realize how much I depend on the internet and e-mail until I was without it for a few days. I think I've made more phone calls in the past three weeks than I have made in years.

I think I must have a loose screw somewhere or I'm a very poor planner. Here is my itinerary for the past few months.

June 12-16th- Camp meeting in Cherokee/Whittier, NC
June 18-22nd- Vacation Bible School at our Church
June 26-30th- Sold my home and bought new one (moved more boxes via U-Haul than any human being should do in one week)
July 3rd-7th- Trying to get settled in the house but made the brilliant decision (with my wife's help of course**wink wink**) to paint the WHOLE House (most rooms to two coats of paint- thank you very much) before we totally moved in.
July 10th-14th- Moving furniture in, having refrigerator delivered, telephone/DSL hooked up, looked for lawn mower and living room furniture.
July 16-19th- Began revival services at our church

Oh and in addition to this, I'm trying to pastor at our local church, raise my family, and be the best husband a wife could ever have (boy I sure hope Pam isn't reading this- she will either fall in the floor laughing or charge me with blatant falsehood ), and working at my secular job.

Which brings me to today! I'm going to rest tonight and get in bed at a decent hour (at least that's the plan!). But ya know what?- I wouldn't trade anything for these past few weeks. Although they have been jam-packed with way too much activity, I just need to step back and praise God for what He's done.

#1- I met some wonderful friends and heard some timely messages at Camp meeting
#2- VBS provided us a wonderful opportunity to outreach to the community and teach children about the love of Jesus Christ
#3-Although moving was a real pain- I love our new home and we're only about 8 minutes from our church now (as opposed to 30 before)
#4-The repairs and work on the new house look beautiful- I can't wait till our new furniture arrives
#5- this Revival was one of the best I have ever been a part of. My dear friend Pastor Steve Morrison preached for me and God used him in a mighty way to minister to me and my church family.

Thanks for letting me rant and praise all in the same blog- this is actually quite therapeutic. I'm not sure it will have the same effect on those of you reading it as it did for me writing it....but then again- this is my blog! :)

I don't often say this in the blogosphere- but I love all of you and thanks for reading over my shoulder.

-Henry

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

made me tired just reading that ROFL!

Barbara said...

I agree with exqsme - it made me tired, too, just reading. SO, you do need rest.Did you not get tired writing all that? :)

Good to see you back and you aren't leaving us for good! But, I hope your DSL works longer than ours did at the 'fast' pace! After the first year, it's like the phone company decided we didn't need FAST access - and cut it 2/3rds, and we had one man to come out - he got it back up - stayed that way 2 mos, and now, it's low again! OH, I'd love to go satellite - just don't have the money right now! BUT, with God, all things are possible - and all things are possible to them that believe! :) How's that for encouragement?

Pastor Jeff said...

Man, do I ever understand the DSL woes! When our modem arrived, I realized I didn't get the ethernet connection port when I got our PC. So I had to head out to the office store and got a cheap ethernet card. Once I installed it, the rest was a breeze, but you have to leave the modem on for 10 days to get the speed stabilized.At least that's what the instructionsaid to do.

Though it's still kind of slow, much faster than dial-up!

Anyway, good to hear from you. I finally updated my blog today, too.

We love and appreciate you too, Henry. And read over my shoulder anytime.

PS, I am kind of "itchy"
LOL!
~Jeff