Friday, July 07, 2006

Been Moving...

I Corinthians 7: 29 But this I say, brethren, the time is short, so that from now on even those who have wives should be as though they had none, 30 those who weep as though they did not weep, those who rejoice as though they did not rejoice, those who buy as though they did not possess, 31 and those who use this world as not misusing it. For the form of this world is passing away. (NKJV)

I have been absent from the blogosphere for quite a few days now due to my recent move. My family recently sold our house and we moved closer to our church family. I have had very limited internet access and still don't have phone service (not so sure that's a bad thing-but I digress...). I thought it might be good today to post a few random thoughts inspired by my recent move.

As I look around my new place and see all the scattered boxes, empty rooms, and unfamiliar neighbors, I realize the temporal nature of this life. For a few days (between closings on the home) we were actually "homeless"-although I feel very reluctant to use that term because of those who truly are homeless and are forced to sleep in shelters and streets- may God watch over each one of them. During those days I thought about the fact that this life is merely a temporary existance. Although we lay claim to many things and proudly boast that "we own" this or that, the truth is that we own nothing. The earth is the Lord's and the fulness thereof.

Job said it best:

Job 1:21 And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.

We are only here for a very short time and it really matters what we do with what we've been given. I need to purpose in my heart not to get too attached to this present set of circumstances- soon and very soon we are going to see the King!

-Henry

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I love the song, "I'm A Citizen of Two Worlds". We may be IN this world, but we are not OF this world. You are right; I don't think it will be very long before 'soon and very soon we will see the King'.