Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A Spiritual Meme


(tagged by Barbara at Tidbits and Treasures )

1. What is your life verse?

Well, as strange as it may seem for a life verse- it can be summed up in Paul's first letter to Timothy:

I Timothy 1 Tim 4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.(KJV)

2. Give a bit of your testimony

God miraculously saved me from a life of sin. In my darkest, deepest despair, I cried out unto the LORD and He rescued me from certain destruction- I owe everything to Him and a debt I could never repay!

3. Do you have a favorite preacher?

It changes from week to week. I enjoy listening to a fellow minister named Loran Livingston an awful lot. But I also enjoy the unknowns. If I may wax "religious" for just a spell (please indulge me)- my "favorite preacher" is the man who faithfully proclaims the Word of Truth without compromise and without any expectations of worldy acknowledgment. He is the man who serves as the watchmen over men's souls and does so not because he is a hireling, but because (as Paul said) "woe be unto me if I preach not the gospel." Such an one is my favorite preacher.

4. What is the best bible study you have ever done?

It's so hard to pinpoint a favorite study. I have spent considerable time studying the book of Hebrews and still feel as though I have only scratched the exterior surface. I simply love studying the Word of God and in particular the Pauline epistles.

5. What do you feel God's calling is on your life?

Well, in a lot of ways I feel that I have a "fill- in -the -cracks" ministry (as a dear friend once described himself). My life's calling is to lead people towards the righteousness of Christ. I certainly don't consider myself a prophet, but I do believe God has given me a tremendous burden to warn men of the judgment to come and the coming of the LORD. I just hope to one day hear "well done thou good and faithful servant...."

I'm not sure if my buddies would like to keep this thing going, but I would hate to be the breakdown in the chain...so I'm going to tag:

Pastor Jeff, and... Bishop Darrell Garrett, his wife Libby at Libby's Fruit Cocktail
and my pal in Arkansas who goes by the pen-name Exqsme,

......we'll see if they play along- click on the links to see if they pass or play :)

-Henry

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Thanks for 'playing along'. I've learned lots from the people who have been tagged. You answered much better than me. I was actually trying to figure out my 'favorite' preachers. I did put down two, but I have several others that I love - but, I want them all to preach the TRUTH!

I love what you said about your calling - 'fill-in-the-cracks ministry' - never heard it put like that. :) Do hope your buddies play along! This is great!

Pastor Jeff said...

Great blog today, Henry. Of course, you tagged me and I was it. I tagged Neil, I hope when he returns he'll keep the ball in play!

Oh, glad I turned you onto Pastor Dilena.