Monday, June 19, 2006

Back from Camp Meeting

You may or may not have noticed my absence from the blogosphere last week, but I just returned from a week long trip to the Great Smokey Mountains of NC where we had our yearly state camp meeting. For those of you not aware with the whole "Camp Meeting" genre, it's basically a huge gathering of believers and ministers to worship God and hear relevant preaching and teaching. I had hopes of turning the week into a mini-vacation but there was little time for rest & relaxation. But nevertheless, I come away from the whole experience with a positive outlook and a spiritual renewal.

One of the best things about camp meeting is getting to see friends and fellow ministers that I rarely get to see any other time of the year.

So this is my short contribution today...nothing of substance...just filling in the blanks as to my absence. (if anyone really cares-I don't want to sound too self-important -LOL)

2 comments:

Pastor Jeff said...

Welcome back, Henry! Glad to hear that campmeeting was good. I missed ours, since having a baby is a bigger deal than CM.

Anyway, great to have you around again!

~Jeff

Darrell said...

Glad to see you made it back. I can relate to "hoping" for a mini-vacation in CM... but it does not work that way. Sadly, most members think CM is a vacation and do not understand why you NEED a vaction when you return!